My Backstage Pass to Glastonbury Festival
The 40th anniversary of the Glastonbury Music Festival was this past weekend.
It was started back in 1970 by a dairy farmer and has since grown into the largest music festival in Europe.Â It is held each year in the open fields of Worthy Farm in Glastonbury, England (hence the name).. [caption id="attachment_4264" align="alignnone" width="575" caption="Glastonbury Festival"][/caption] . I didn't get to go this year. Even though I had a backstage pass. Well, to tell the truth, I really didn't have a backstage pass. ... I actually created one in my head and ended putting it on a jacket. I call it the "Combat Rock Field Jacket" and it has been a huge hit as part of Double D Ranch'sâ„¢ 2010 Fall Collection. . [caption id="attachment_4265" align="alignnone" width="575" caption="Double D Ranch's Combat Rock Field Jacket "][/caption] . Using Julia Chaplin's book, Gypset Style, for inspiration for this season, I played around with the concept of what would a 'gypsetter' wear to flit across the world to catch a rock concert.Â I came up with:
- a vintage, military inspired field jacket - washed and thoroughly worn in all the right places,
- an easy fit silhouette with toggle-cord cinching and plenty of pockets, - leave the handbags behind,
- instant accreditation in the form of souvenir, venue patches,
- hand lettered song verses scribbled on sleeves - like we use to do in high school,
- and of course, a back stage pass!