DoubleOven: Cherry Pie for George
Today is George Washington's Birthday, hmm...... The first thing that comes to my mind is cherry pie, - Oh, and of course the American Revolution, ... and the Crossing of the Delaware, ...and the Father of our country...
. . .
but pie first!
George's Cherry Pie
- 1 can tart cherries- water-packed
- 1 can dark sweet cherries- water-packed
- 4 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Pie Crusts
- In a saucepan, combine juice from two cans of cherries,
- add sugar & cornstarch to juice,
- bring to a boil and cook 1 minute longer until thick and bubbly,
- remove from heat,
- add cherries, almond extract, and butter.
Just like George...
I can not tell a lie, this is the best Cherry Pie!.