Necklace, Squash Blossom, Turquoise, Vintage, Boxbow, 1940's
The only other place you will see a Squash Blossom Necklace like this is in a museum!
Double D Ranch is honored to present this rare, museum-quality squash blossom necklace. Dating to 1930 to 1940, this early piece is completely hand wrought in silver - including the dainty beads on down to the box-bow blossoms. This outstanding piece is in mint condition with the original string cording is still intact.
Thirty small-scaled blossoms are fashioned in the “box-bow” design and set with beautifully matched natural turquoise stones. An additional eight stones are set on the cast naja. Sans hallmarks, typical of early pieces, this one-of-a-kind piece is for the serious collector and lover of Native American craft.
Dealer inquires welcome.
- affiliation: likely Navajo
- materials: sterling silver, turquoise
- collected in Arizona
- measurements: 23" long + 2" naja
- weight: 127 grams
- closure: original natural cording
- condition: museum-quality, excellent vintage condition with oxidation and wear indicative of age
- style number: JN641