Cuff, Turquoise, 3 Stone, Sandcast, Important Provenance: Mabel Dodge Luhan, Vintage, '40's
AN ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING BRACELET. THIS IS A PIECE FOR THE SERIOUS COLLECTOR.
This stunning statement cuff is a Southwest work of art dating back to the 1940s. Created in the old school style of silver sand casting, it has an intricate openwork design and features a central column of three oval cabochons of light blue turquoise with a light matrix set in simple bezels. This piece was acquired from the collection of the Mabel Dodge Luhan, a legendary figure in the history of Taos, NM; a patron of the arts, self-appointed savior of humanity, and a salon hostess who hosted the likes of Georgia O’Keefe and Ansel Adams. The Mabel Dodge Luhan House still stands as a historic inn and conference center in the town.
- artist: unknown
- hallmarks: marked in marker- "Mabel Dodge Lujan Coll" "Nav 1940s", no makers mark
- materials: sterling silver, turquoise
- dimensions: 5 1/2" inside, 1 1/4" gap, 2 1/2" across face
- weight: 102 grams
- condition: nice vintage condition
- stones are secure in their settings, no stone chips or hairline fractures
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear from use
- style number: JB2728