Cuff, Cluster, Turquoise, Large Oval, Vintage, '70's, 2735
NOW THIS… THIS IS A COLLECTOR’S CUFF.
The late Fannie Weebothee Ondelacy is a widely revered master Zuni silversmith, known for her cluster work. Her pieces are highly coveted and collectible. This enormous statement cuff is a classic radial cluster design of snake eye and rounded petit point turquoise stones set in tiny serrated bezels with twist wire detailing and sterling silver drop accents. It has Fannie’s signature style of openwork semi-circle silver repousse as one of the center circles. This stunning cuff is classic and timeless, the kind of piece that will be cherished for generations to come; an investment piece turned heirloom.
Fannie Weebothee Ondelacy (1920 - deceased; Zuni). Cluster work; pendants; collar pins. Fannie Ondelacy shared the stamps with her husband Wayne Ondelacy. Sister of Lee Weebothee.
Marks: F W O; F. W. ONDELACY; F. W. Ondelacy (script)
- artist: attributed to Fannie Weebothee Ondelacy
- affiliation: Zuni
- hallmarks: no marks
- materials: sterling silver, turquoise
- dimensions: 1 1/4" gap, 6" inside, 4 1/4" face
- weight: 117 grams
- condition: nice vintage condition
- stones are secure in their settings
- no stone chips or hairline fractures
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear from ethnographic use
- style number: JB2735