Pin, Zuni Inlay, Eagle Dancer, Vintage '60s, 491
THAT’S ONE REGAL EAGLE!
This beautiful 1960s-70s era vintage pin by the late Verna Luna, a renowned Zuni jewelry artisan, is a colorful iteration of an eagle dancer, comprised of orange spiny oyster, black onyx, turquoise, shell, and mother of pearl, set in a traditional channel inlay style and accented with twist wire detail and sterling silver beads.
Vera Luna: (1930 -1982; Zuni). Active since the 1970s. Inlay; cluster work; fish scale inlay; gan dancers; figural profiles.
Marks: V. L.; V. LUNA
- artist: Vera Luna (deceased)
- affiliation: Zuni
- markings: unsigned but attributed to Vera Luna
- materials: sterling silver, turquoise, onyx, mother of pearl, shell, orange spiny oyster
- dimensions: 2 1/2" x 3"
- weight: 27 grams
- closures: locking c-clasp
- condition: nice vintage condition
- stones are secure in their settings
- no stone chips or hairline fractures
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear from use
- style number: JP491