Pin & Pendant, Cluster, Turquoise, Manta, Grandmother Pin, Hallmark, Vintage, '70's, 503
A STATEMENT PIN SHOULD BE A STAPLE IN EVERY SOUTHWESTERN JEWELRY BOX.
This beautiful vintage pin (likely Zuni) dates back to circa the 1970s, and is what is sometimes known as a grandmother cluster; legend has it that the center stone is the grandmother, and each outer ring represents her being surrounded by her children and grandchildren. This one is made up of a combination of snake eye and oval turquoise stones, sterling silver bands and twist wire details. It’s absolutely stunning and the kind of statement piece that’s destined to become a beloved heirloom.
- affiliation: likely Zuni
- markings: inscribed L E N A
- materials: sterling silver, turquoise
- dimensions: 3" diameter
- weight: 40 grams
- closure: locking c-clasp, pendant loop
- nice vintage condition
- stones are secure in their settings, no stone chips or hairline fractures
- two small breaks in silver ring
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear from use
- style number: JP503