Pin, Inlay, Sun Face, Sterling Silver Halo Frame, Vintage
GREAT COLOR AND A UNIQUE SETTING.
This vibrant vintage pin is a colorful likeness of a Zuni Sun Face created from stones of mother of pearl, black onyx, turquoise, and orange spiny oyster using the traditional flush inlay technique. The image is set in tiny serrated bezels and surrounded by a stamped sterling silver halo, which is not commonly seen around a Sun Face. It’s a unique piece and a great versatile size that would be perfect for pinning on your trusty denim jacket, your favorite hat, or securing your scarf!
- affiliation: Zuni
- materials: sterling silver, onyx, turquoise, orange spiny oyster, mother of pearl
- dimensions: 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
- weight: 530 grams
- nice vintage condition
- stones are secure in their settings
- slight chip at the edge of the turquoise stone in the face
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear from ethnographic use
- style number: JP492