Pin, Cluster, Turquoise, Hallmark, 520
This beautiful vintage Zuni pin features numerous petit point and round Sleeping Beauty turquoise stones set in tiny serrated bezels, accented with twist wire and silver drop details, arranged in an intricate openwork design that resembles a classic cluster -- with a twist. It’s equipped with a c-clasp pin to be worn as a brooch, but also a pendant loop if you want to slide this statement piece on your favorite silver chain or strand of beads. And (although we don’t know it) it has a sweet little story; according to the inscription, this little beauty was a thoughtful gift to a beloved mother named Jane Eustace.
- artist: undetermined
- affiliation: Zuni
- hallmarks: scrip "to Mom Jane Eustace with Love"
- materials: sterling silver, Sleeping Beauty turquoise
- dimensions: 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"
- closure: locking c clasp
- weight: 43 grams
- style number: JP520
- nice vintage condition
- stones are secure in their settings
- two stone hairline cracks
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear from ethnographic use