Pin, Cluster, Turquoise & Coral, Vintage, 531
JUST… WOW. CORBET JOE DOES IT AGAIN.
It’s hard to take your eyes off this exceptional piece from renowned silversmith Corbet Joe. The enormous eye-catching pin features more than 80 needlepoint blue turquoise stones in a classic radial cluster centered by 3 stones of red coral and accented by twist wire and stamped silver details. It’s vibrant and large -- certainly a statement piece!
Corbet Joe (Navajo). Stamp work; shadowbox; nugget sets; chip inlay.Mark: C J (usually misaligned)
- artist: Corbet Joe
- markings: C J (misaligned)
- materials: sterling silver, turquoise, coral
- dimensions: 2 3/4" x 4"
- weight: 64 grams
- closures: pin back
- condition: nice vintage condition
- stones are secure in their settings
- no stone chips or hairline fractures
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear from ethnographic use
- this piece has been converted from a belt buckle to a brooch
- style number: JP531