Necklace, Squash Blossom, Chip Inlay, Sun Face, Vintage, '60's, 1161
A UNIQUE SPIN ON A SQUASH.
This 1960s era vintage necklace features bold colorful Sun Face squashes in turquoise and red coral inlay accented with stamped sterling silver drops affixed to a double strand of sterling silver beads that converges to one toward the back. It’s opera length, which is also unique for a squash blossom, but makes it great for layering! Definitely a statement piece unlike anything else in your collection.
- affiliation: Navajo
- materials: sterling silver, turquoise chip inlay, coral chip inlay
- dimensions: 15" end to end
- main pendant: 2" x 1 3/4"
- closure: hook & eye
- weight: 109 grams
- condition: nice vintage condition
- stones are secure in their settings
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear from ethnographic use
- style number: JN1161