Necklace, Opera, Turquoise, Vintage, 1166
‘STATEMENT PIECE’ JUST TOOK ON A WHOLE NEW MEANING.
This Old Pawn opera necklace is simply stunning. It features 5 statement-sized pendants (one main anchor pendant, four slightly smaller coordinating pendants) of bold sterling silver applique adorned with substantial nuggets of turquoise with heavy matrix, and accented by sterling silver drop details. The pendants are affixed to a double-strand of Benchmade pearl beads that converges to a single strand toward the back. This necklace was originally created as an “opera necklace”, which is longer than a choker and “matinee necklace”, and is designed to lay flat across the breastbone, but it features a heavy chain extension which allows for a range of length adjustability.
- materials: sterling silver, turquoise
- dimensions: 25" long, center is 2" x 1 3/4"
- weight: 126 gram
- condition: nice vintage condition
- stones are secure in their settings
- no stone chips or hairline fractures
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear from ethnographic use
- style number: JN1166