Necklace, Opera, Turquoise & Coral, Hallmark, Vintage, 1109
A must-have for the Native American jewelry lover!
This vintage beauty features five natural, bright blue turquoise stones situated next to five complementing deep red coral branches. Sterling silver leaf appliqués, drops, and tendrils frame the settings and are spaced out on a double-strand of sterling silver beads that taper at the back into a single strand.
This style of necklace is often referred to as an “opera necklace”, which is longer than a choker and “matinee necklace”, and is designed to lay flat across the breastbone. We like to layer opera-length necklaces with our squash blossom necklaces for opulent elegance and uniqueness.
Delbert Clark (Navajo). Classic style; chip inlay; stones; appliqué. Co-stamps with J. Clark.Marks: D & J Clark Navajo (etched script); D. & J. CLARK NAVAJO
- artist: Delbert Clark
- markings: D. & J. CLARK NAVAJO
- materials: sterling silver, turquoise, coral
- dimensions: 21" end to end with extension
- weight: 94 grams
- closure: hook & eye
- condition: nice vintage condition
- stones are secure in their settings
- no stone chips or hairline fractures
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear from use
- appears to originally be a pendant and converted to a bolo later
- style number: JN1109