Necklace, Opera, Turquoise & Coral, Applique, Hallmark, Vintage, 1165
YOU’VE NEVER SEEN AN OPERA NECKLACE QUITE LIKE THIS.
Crafted by David F. Garcia, this statement necklace features three large pendants, each with a cabochon of red coral and of turquoise in simple bezels set in a sterling silver frame with large leaf applique and silver drop accents. The pendants are spaced out on a single strand of stamped silver beads. This style of necklace is often referred to as an “opera necklace”, which is longer than a choker and “matinee necklace”, and is designed to lay flat across the breastbone. It has an element of elegance and uniqueness that makes it a must-have for the Southwestern jewelry lover!
David Fletcher Garcia (Kewa). Active since the 1970s/ Appliqué; stamp work; set stones’ buckles’ bolos’ necklaces.Marks: D.F.G.; D. F. GARCIA; DAVID F. GARCIA
- artist: David Fletcher Garcia
- affiliation: Kewa
- hallmarks: DAVID F. GARCIA
- materials: sterling silver, turquoise, coral
- dimensions: 18" end to end
- pendant: 3 at 3/4" x 2 1/2"
- weight: 120 gram
- condition: nice vintage condition
- stones are secure in their settings
- no stone chips or hairline fractures
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear from ethnographic use
- style number: JN1165