Necklace, Natural Stone, Turquoise, Inlay Shell, Cerrillos, Santo Domingo, Vintage, '30's, 1144
STUNNING SANTO DOMINGO STATEMENT NECKLACE THAT’S NEARLY 100 YEARS OLD.
This vibrant necklace is a very special early vintage piece, dating back to the 1930s. The statement-sized pendant features vivid stones of turquoise, red coral, shell, and black onyx arranged in traditional Santo Domingo mosaic inlay. The strand is a series of red coral beads adorned with nuggets of Cerrillos turquoise and tiny turquoise and silver disc accents. It’s an incredible piece of work and impossible to ignore!
- affiliation: Santo Domingo, Tewa
- materials: Cerrillos turquoise, coral, shell, onyx
- dimensions: 24 1/2" end to end
- shell: 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
- weight: 220 grams
- closure: hook & eye
- condition: nice vintage condition
- stones intact
- light wear from ethnographic use
- style number: JN1144