Miscellaneous, Sterling Silver & Turquoise, Tobacco Canteen, Navajo, Vintage, '80s, 216
Look at this unique little find!
This vintage piece is a sterling silver tobacco canteen, with a small benchmade chain on the removable cap. The canteen, circa the 1980s, is made of polished sterling silver in a stamped radiating design, centered on both front and back with singular turquoise stones. Not a lot of people are storing loose-leaf tobacco in canteens anymore, but this would make a fabulous little collector’s piece used as accent decor.
- affiliation: Navajo
- materials: sterling silver, turquoise
- dimensions: 3" x 2" x 3/4"
- weight: 32 grams
- closure: sterling silver cap with attaching chain
- nice vintage condition
- stone is secure in its setting
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear for ethnographic use
- style number: JM216