Miscellaneous, Chaps, George Lawrence Company, Portland, Or., Studded, Tooled Leather, Hallmark, Vintage, 221
Phenomenal pair of chaps. Studded with card suits as shown. Honest wear from use. No repairs.
- hand tooled leather belt in basketweave pattern, studded with laced conchos
- two flap pockets with brass spots and whirling log snap closure
- stud spots down each leg: 2 stars, 4 pinwheels, 2 horseshoes, 2 crosses
The current motto is - "When you own Lawrence Leather, you own a legend."
The George Lawrence Company, established in 1857 at 1st & Oak Streets in Portland, Oregon, was a saddlery and harness shop made famous by also producing exquisite leather goods such as handgun holsters, cartridge belts, slings, scabbards, etc. At one time the George Lawrence Co. was the largest saddle and harness maker on the west coast. The quality of their leatherwork was renown.
The George Lawrence Company became the largest producer of saddles in the Northwest. Many were shipped from the West Coast to the gold strike area in Alaska and the Yukon Territory. It was a saddlery and harness shop made famous by also producing exquisite leather goods such as handgun holsters, fishing creels, cartridge belts, slings, scabbards, etc. The company evolved into a wholesaler and supplier of auto parts, shoe repair and shoe store supplies, hat blocking equipment, fishing, and hunting supplies.
- artist: George Lawrence Company, Portland, Or
- hallmarks: LAWRENCE PORTLAND, OR (mark used between 1940-1980)
- materials: leather, sterling silver conchos
- style: JM221
nice vintage conditionAll returns on jewelry subject to exchange or store credit.