Miscellaneous Box, Sterling Silver, Knifewing, Marks, Vintage 30's, 224
LOOK AT THIS LOVELY LITTLE THING!
This sterling silver trinket box is a vintage Southwest creation dating back to the 1930s. The hinged lid features an intricate depiction of the classic Zuni knifewing figure, a curious deity in several Southwest societies. It’s a beautiful little box that can be used functionally, like a pillbox, or simply as a unique piece of decor!
- artist: believed to be Charlie Bitsui or Eskiesose
- materials: sterling silver
- dimensions: 1 3/4" x 1 1/3"
- weight: 17 gram
- closure: hinged lid with notched closure at front
- nice vintage condition
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear from ethnographic use
- style number: JM224