We think chip inlay is the next new wave of collectible native American jewelry. Chip inlay uses crushed turquoise or coral stones mixed with resin to fill the recesses of the sterling silver piece. After the inlay has hardened the piece is polished smooth.
This vintage pin is crafted using both turquoise and coral chip inlay to create an abstract design in sterling silver. Traditional stampwork enhances the visual appeal making it perfect for adding to your favorite jacket or trusty old hat!
- artist: unidentified
- affiliation: likely Navajo
- markings: SD
- materials: sterling silver, turquoise and coral chip inlay
- measurements: 2 3/4"x 1 1/4"
- weight: 14 grams
- closure: bar pin with c-clasp
- condition: nice vintage condition with light oxidation and wear
- style number: JP223
All returns on jewelry subject to exchange or store credit only.