Pin, Zuni Inlay, Vintage, Owl, 1960's, 201
Husband and wife team, Blake and Velma Lesansee, have been working together since the 50’s and are known for their inlay work of Zuni owls. This charming owl pin is crafted in sterling silver and inlaid with turquoise, mother of pearl, coral, cowry shell, and jet. It is signed in their typical script engraving on the back.
Blake and Velma Lesansee are a husband-and-wife team known for their inlay work. They began working together in the 1950s and worked through the 1970s. Known for their inlay designs of owls, their pieces are signed by engraving their names on the back of their work.
- artist: Blake and Velma Lesansee
- affiliation: Zuni
- markings: script B. Lesansee
- materials: sterling silver, jet, mother-of-pearl, turquoise, coral, cowrie shell
- dimensions: 1.25" x .75"
- closure: pendant loop and c-clasp bar pin
- weight: 3 grams
- condition: excellent vintage condition with light oxidation and wear
- style number: JP201