Collar Tips, Sterling Silver & Turquoise, Grandmother Style, Vintage, 382
Double D Ranch is pleased to offer this pair of "Grandmother Collar Tips." These pieces were traditionally worn by older Navajo women, especially during special ceremonies when they would “bring it” and dress their best. The goal was to display wealth and to extend the number of turquoise pieces, by putting these on the collars of their velvet shirts.
These vintage tips feature fifty-two oval turquoise cabochons set in sterling silver and framed by sterling drops and twist wire. We have left these in “found condition” with sew-on loopbacks, but we are happy to convert them to pin backs.
- affiliation: likely Navajo
- materials: sterling silver, turquoise
- dimensions: 3 1/2" longest side
- weight: 46 gram
- closure: sew on loopbacks
- condition: excellent vintage condition with light oxidation and wear
- style number: JP382