Collar Tabs, Repousse, Turquoise, Vintage, 559
Double D Ranch is pleased to offer this pair of "Grandmother Collar Tips." These pieces were traditionally worn by older Navajo women, especially during special ceremonies when they would “bring it” and dress their best. The goal was to display wealth and to extend the number of turquoise pieces, by putting these on the collars of their velvet shirts.
These vintage tips feature chic repousse designs punctuated with small turquoise cabochons.
- materials: sterling silver, turquoise
- dimensions: 4 1/4" x 3"
- weight: 48 grams
- closures: ring on backs at each corner
- nice vintage condition
- stones are secure in their settings
- no stone chips or hairline fractures
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear from ethnographic use
- style number: JP559