Bolo, Slab, Turquoise, Applique, Matching Tips, Vintage, '70s, 1106
ADD A LITTLE AWESOME TO YOUR OUTFIT.
This bold vintage bolo (likely Navajo-made) features a statement-sized stone of beautiful blue turquoise with some nice brown matrix set in a tiny serrated bezel framed with twist wire detailing and sterling silver stamp work. The slide is accented with sterling silver leaf, scroll, and floral appliqué. The cord is a classic braided leather with unique silver aiguillettes tipped with coordinating stones.
- affiliation: likely Navajo
- materials: sterling silver, turquoise, leather cord
- dimensions: 36" total length
- shield: 2 1/2" x 1 1/2"
- closure: tension clamp marked BENNET PAT. PEND
- weight: 44 grams
- condition: nice vintage condition
- stones are secure in their settings
- no stone chips or hairline fractures
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear from use
- style number: JN1106