Bolo & Pendant, Slab, Turquoise, Applique, Hallmark, Vintage, 1111
ADD A LITTLE AWESOME TO YOUR OUTFIT.
This bold vintage bolo (likely Navajo-made) features a statement-sized slab of beautiful blue turquoise with some nice brown matrix set in a tiny serrated bezel framed with twist wire detailing and sterling silver stamp work. The slide is accented with sterling silver drops and leaf appliqué. The slide is also fitted with a pendant loop to be worn as a necklace. The cord is a classic braided leather tipped with sterling silver aiguillettes. It’s a statement piece, that’s for sure.
- artist: undetermined
- affiliation: Navajo
- markings: R Sterling
- materials: sterling silver, turquoise, leather cord
- dimensions: 42" long, 2 1/2" x 4 1/2"
- weight: 124 grams
- closure: tension clamp and pendant loop
- condition: nice vintage condition
- stone is secure in its setting with no signs of chips or hairline fractures
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear from use
- appears to originally be a pendant and converted to a bolo later
- style number: JN1111