Bolo, Inlay, Horse, Applique, Simplicio Attribution, Old Pawn, 1170
A BEAUTIFUL BOLO FOR THE HORSE LOVER.
This Zuni Old Pawn vintage bolo has a very unique slide that features an inlay iteration of a horse profile made of mother of pearl and turquoise set in a cabochon of tortoiseshell accompanied by a rectangular turquoise stone, surrounded by sterling silver stampwork details. The cord is a classic braided leather tipped with sterling silver aiguillettes. While it’s not marked, the piece has been attributed to Isabelle Simplicio.
- artist: Isabelle Simplicio
- affiliation: Zuni
- hallmarks: no markings but attributed to Isabelle Simplicio
- materials: sterling silver, mother of pearl, turquoise, tortoiseshell
- dimensions: 34"
- pendant: 1 1/2" x 2"
- weight: 38 grams
- closure: tension clamp, BENNETT PAT. PEND
- nice vintage condition
- stones are secure and there are no chips or hairline fractures
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear from use
- style number: JN1170