Bolo, Coral Cluster, Needlepoint, Hallmark, Vintage, 1192
BE BOLD IN A BOLO.
This beautiful bolo is a testament to the craftsmanship of renowned jewelry artisan Corbet Joe. The large sterling silver slide features dozens of tiny needlepoint stones of red coral set in tiny serrated bezels. The stones are arranged in a classic radial cluster design accented by twist wire details, sterling silver repousse and a stamped silver frame. The cord is a classic braided leather tipped with sterling silver aiguillettes that are fashioned with smaller, coordinating coral cluster dangles.
There’s no wrong way to wear a bolo. While it was originally intended as a men’s necktie, it has long since taken on the freedom of spirit that Double D Ranch is all about.
Corbet Joe (Navajo). Stamp work; shadowbox; nugget sets; chip inlay.Mark: C J (usually misaligned)
- artist: Corbet Joe
- hallmarks: CJ (misaligned)
- materials: sterling silver, coral, cording
- dimensions: 40" long
- shield 3" x 2 1/4"
- weight: 56 grams
- closure: unmarked tension clamp
- condition: nice vintage condition
- stones are secure in their settings
- no stone chips or hairline fractures
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear from ethnographic use
- style number: JN1192