Belt, Concho, Turquoise Clusters, Hallmark, Estate, Private New Mexico Collection, late ‘70s, 1022
We’ve seen some stunners in our day, but man, talk about a statement piece! This vintage (ca. 1975-1985) beauty is not your average concho belt. The gorgeous brown leather strap features 10 sterling silver rectangle conchos and a matching buckle, each featuring 15-16 cabochons of baby blue turquoise with light black matrix, in a variety of shapes, set in tiny serrated bezels and accented by interspersed sterling silver drops. It’s eye-catching and impossible to ignore -- certain to be a conversation starter! Unique piece for the true collector.
- markings: B STERLING V
- materials: sterling silver, turquoise, leather strap
- measurements: 42 1/2" length
- buckle: 2 5/8" x 1 5/8"
- conchos: 9 at 2 5/8" x 1 5/8"
- weight: 498 grams
- condition: mint vintage condition
- stones are secure in their settings
- no stone chips or hairline fractures
- silver has a nice patina
- this belt appears to never have been worn
- a hanger loop is attached to the buckle indicating it was probably used for display
- style number: FA1022