Belt, Concho, 3rd Phase Revival, Turquoise, Sterling Silver, Vintage ‘30s, 1019
This stunning statement belt is a collector!
The vintage dark leather strap features a series of 13 large scalloped sterling silver conchos in very early 3rd Phase style (circa the 1930s), meaning they affix to the strap via soldered silver loops on the back, feature intricate stamp work, and incorporate turquoise stones. The stones on this belt are small polished oval cabochons in varying shades of turquoise ranging from robin’s egg to blue-green. At nearly 100 years old, this vintage beauty is an incredible find -- a timeless collector’s item.
- artist: undetermined
- markings: no marks as this pre-dates the hallmarking system
- materials: sterling silver, natural turquoise, leather strap
- buckle: 2 1/4" x 1 3/4"
- conchos: 13 at 2" x 1 3/4"
- weight: 246 grams
- condition: nice vintage condition
- stones are secure in their settings
- stone abrasion but no stone chips or hairline fractures
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear from use
- style number: FA1019