Bolo, Concho, Turquoise, Carved Horse Profile, Hallmark, Vintage, 1171
THIS BOLO IS BREATHTAKING.
The ornate slide on this vintage Navajo bolo features a gorgeous cabochon of heavily matrixed turquoise hand-carved with an image of a horse’s head in profile, set in a serrated bezel surrounded by twist wire detailing and framed by ornately stamped sterling silver. The cord is a classic braided leather tipped with sterling silver aiguillettes that have special decorative spacers. Really unique -- a perfect piece for the horse lover!
- artist: undetermined
- affiliation: likely Navajo
- hallmarks: G Sterling
- materials: sterling silver, carved turquoise in shape of a horse's head in profile
- dimensions: 43" long
- closure: figure-eight loops
- weight: 81 gram
- condition: nice vintage condition
- stones are secure in their settings
- no stone chips or hairline fractures
- silver has a nice patina
- light wear from ethnographic use
- style number: JN1171