Belt, Inlay, Horse Profile, Hallmark, Vintage, '60s, 973
Buckle up, cowgirl!
This beautiful vintage buckle is the work of renowned jewelry artisan Lincoln Zunie, who is well known for his inlay work, usually in cow and horse motifs. Dating back to the 1960s, the rectangular buckle features an iteration of a bridled horse crafted in chip inlay style using stones of turquoise, mother of pearl, shell, red coral, and black jet, set in sterling silver and flanked by twist wire detailing. The strap is a classic vintage textured black leather.
Lincoln Zunie (1938-1983, Zuni). Active 1960s-1970s. Channel inlay; figural inlay, often horse or cow motifs. Father of Patty Zunie Edaakie. Brother of Joe and William Zunie. Lincoln Zunie shared the stamp with his wife Helen Zunie (d).
- Helen and Lincoln Zunie were master silversmiths specializing in pictorial inlay work.
- artist: Lincoln (d) & Helen (d) Zunie
- hallmarks: H-L ZUNIE
- materials: sterling silver, shell, mother of pearl, turquoise, jet, coral, leather strap
- strap: vintage black leather strap @ 42" (may be substituted)
- buckle: 2 1/4" x 3 3/8"
- weight: 112 grams
- condition: very nice vintage condition, stones are secure in settings, silver has a nice patina
- style number: FA973